1. Name and contact details of the person responsible for data processing as well as of our firm’s data protection officer
This data protection declaration applies to personal data that is collected when using the Internet offer of
btb IP BUNGARTZ |BALTZER Partnerschaft mbB Patentanwälte
Im Mediapark 6A
Telefon + 49 (0)221 94 98 05 0
Telefax + 49 (0)221 94 98 05 25
The data protection officer can be contacted by using one of the addresses mentioned above – to hand of Mr. Dr. Sidney Baltzer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not agree to the data collection and processing described below when accessing the Internet, please leave this website, do not download any further parts of our website to your computer and do not contact us by e-mail. Data collection and storage is an automatic process.
btb IP takes the protection of your personal data seriously. We process personal data collected during visits to our websites in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations. Your data will neither be published by us nor passed on to third parties without authorization.
In the following we explain the following points:
- Type and scope of data collection and processing for access from the Internet
- Use and disclosure of personal data
- Consent to further use by transmission of e-mails
- Links to websites of other providers
- Right to information and contact data
- Inclusion, validity and timeliness of the data protection declaration
2. Data collection and processing in case of access via the Internet
a) When you visit the website
When you visit our website www.bc-patent.eu, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provided
The above mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
Ensuring a smooth connection of the website
Ensuring comfortable use of our website
Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
For other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6, par. 1 p. 1f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
3. Passing on of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
• You have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
• The disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR is necessary to obtain intellectual property rights inside and outside the EU, to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
• In the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
• This is legally permissible and is necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR.
Information is stored in the cookie that results in each case in connection with the specifically used terminal device. However, this does not mean that we obtain immediate knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can lead to the fact that you cannot use all functions of our website.
Google analytic tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet requirements and is continually optimized. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures in order to record the use of our website statistically and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics1
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and ongoing optimization of our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, anonymized user profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as
- Browser type/version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the previously visited website)
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- Time of the server request
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the activities on the website and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information about privacy in connection with Google Analytics, please visit the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/ 6004245?hl=en).
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking to statistically record and evaluate the use of our website for the purpose of optimizing it for you. Google Adwords sets a cookie (see paragraph 4) on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google advertisement.
These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page.
Each AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be traced through the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a website with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
5. Approval of additional use
The use of certain services that may be offered on our website, such as electronic newsletters or forums, will require btb IP to register and further process personal data, such as the long-term storage of e-mail addresses, user IDs and passwords. Such data will only be used if you have transmitted it to us and given your prior consent to its use.
With the exception of the possibility to contact us by email, we currently do not offer any such offers. Personal data that you transmit by e-mail will be stored and used by btb IP to process the e-mail in accordance with the purpose for which it was sent. btb IP does not wish to receive unsolicited advertising and other similar offers.
Should we make other offers on the Internet in the future; the relevant conditions for the protection of personal data will be published here or in connection with access to the respective new offer.
btb IP uses technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data managed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorized persons.
7. Links to websites of other providers
Our websites may contain links to websites of other providers. We would like to point out that this data protection declaration applies exclusively to btb IP’s websites. We have no influence on and do not control that other providers comply with the applicable data protection regulations.
8. Rights of the persons concerned
You are entitled:
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details
- To immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- To request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible;
- In accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work or our office.
9. Right of contradiction
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR, you have the right to contradict the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or the contradiction against direct advertising is directed. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
10. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser when you visit the website. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
11. Actuality and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status as of December 2019.
Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changes in legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to amend this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at https://www.btb-ip.eu/en/privacy-policy.